We are happy to share with you a brief summary of the background of Dr. Christopher T. Johnson, D.M.D.
Dr. Christopher T. Johnson completed dental school in 1998 graduating from the University of Florida, Gainesville. He has six years of post-graduate training in head and neck surgery where his Oral and Maxillofacial residency at the University of Florida, Jacksonville was heavily influenced with head and neck trauma, facial reconstruction, dentoalveolar and facial cosmetic surgery. In 2006 he became board certified by the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. If you are seeing a dental practice that recommends you consult with an Oral Surgeon, we highly encourage you to contact Dr. Johnson.
Dr. Johnson and his wife Lisa first met during his trauma and general surgery rotation. She worked as a trauma ICU nurse. They moved to Orlando where Dr. Johnson joined a group practice. After two years he and Lisa decided to start their own practice and selected Clermont as their primary location. Dr. Johnson and Lisa currently reside in Montverde with their two children, Isabella and Nicholas.
Expansion to Leesburg
In 2012 Dr. Johnson decided to expand the practice to the Leesburg area. This gave him the opportunity to also serve the growing surrounding areas of The Villages, Tavares, Eustis, and Mt. Dora. As the practice continues to expand Dr. Johnson looks forward to many years of providing the best care possible in Lake County.
Dr. Johnson encourages you to ask questions and even seek second opinions if you are not comfortable with the proposed treatment plan. Dr. Johnson works with many of the local general dentists to ensure a smooth transition from beginning to end resulting in full satisfaction with the final outcome. Any patient who has received surgical services will have Dr. Johnson’s personal cell phone number to contact with any questions. Dr. Johnson and his staff are here to ensure that your appointment is as stress-free as possible. They understand the importance of a pleasant experience and will strive each step of the way to help make that a reality.
- 1994-1998 University of Florida, DMD
- 1998-1999 University of Florida, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Internship
- 1999-2000 Louisiana State University, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Internship
- 2000-2002 Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency PGY I-II
2002-2004 University of Florida, Shands Hospital, Jacksonville, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency PGY III-IV
- State of Florida Dental
- Case Reviewer for Board
- *2006 – Present – Advanced Faces, Clermont, Florida
- *2012 – Present – Advanced Faces, Leesburg, Florida
- *2004 – 2006 – Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Orlando Area Group Practice
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- 2007-Present: Florida Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery-Office Anesthesia Evaluation and Emergency Preparedness
- 2008-Present: The American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, review articles for publication in a leading cosmetic surgery journal
- January 2001, Bilateral Parotid Swelling
- January 2002, Sialolithiasis
- November 2002, New Resident Lecture
- December 2002, Total Joint Replacement
- February 2003, Treacher Collins Syndrome
- August 2003, Small Cell Carcinoma
- November 2003, New Resident Lecture
- November 2003, Craniofacial Microsomia
- February 2004, Ghost Cell Carcinoma
- March 2004, Trauma Evaluation
- May 2004, Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- March 2005, Rhinoplasty Techniques
- January 2006, Rhinoplasty Techniques
- June 2007, Mock Boards University of Florida
- 2005 Comparison of 2 Preferred Methods Used for Frontal Sinus Obliteration, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- 2008 Heterotopic Bone Formation Around a Solid Silicone Chin Implant, The American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Florida Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Society of Dental Anesthesiology
- Associate of American Association of Cosmetic Surgery